Welcome To Class Cakes Website
Cakes made to order exclusively by Liz in the Newcastle and Gateshead area covering the North East.
Class Cakes are based in the Rowlands Gill area of Gateshead. Approximately 5 miles from the Metrocentre near the Gibside estate.
Liz is a sole trader and is not affiliated with other cake businesses that have a similar name in the local area. Class Cakes has been registered with Gateshead Council since 2009
You can order your cake by
Normally A 50% deposit is required to secure your order payable by BACS transfer or cheque – cash hand delivery only but at the moment I have a ‘safe’ collection system in place so I am taking full payment when ordering.
Because I’m a home based business (smoke and pet free) and basically work part time I will get back to any queries as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!
Class Cakes has a Business Insurance certificate renewed yearly (especially relevant for corporate cakes and cake sales)
My business is registered with Gateshead Council as I do charge for cakes and can be inspected for Hygiene purposes, however I’m more of a HOBBY BAKER as I don’t accept many cake orders. Basically please order early and pay the deposit to secure your cake order. Returning customers very welcome, just remind me when ordering. Thanks Liz.
For your Information
The information I hold is your name, address and email and telephone number should you have provided it to me. All information is kept securely and I am the only person that views this. I never share your data with any third parties. (Conversely this page is protected by law under the Malicious Communications Act)-
Liz has been a registered Member of The Sugarcraft Guild for a number of years
AUGUST 2020– Gateshead Council inspection (remotely) rated Class Cakes 5*
August 2020 – Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- July 2019 – Marks 10 years in business and 36 years of experience in cakes!
- February 2018 -Successful completion of Food Safety Questionnaire by Gateshead Council
- March 2017 – Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- September 2014 – Classified as low risk by Gateshead Council
- February 2014 – Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- March 2012 – Gateshead Council classified Class Cakes as being EXCLUDED from the national ‘Food Hygiene Rating Scheme‘ due to handling relatively lower risk food.
- September 2011 – Hygiene inspection by Gateshead Council * Star Rating-Low risk
- July 2009 – Liz opens Class Cakes
Thank you for viewing my page, if you have any questions or queries, please use one of the methods of contact listed above and I will be happy to help. Liz