Welcome To Class Cakes Website
Cakes made to order exclusively by Liz in the Newcastle, Gateshead, Durham and Sunderland area covering the North East.
Class Cakes are based in the Rowlands Gill area of Gateshead. Approximately 5 miles from the Metrocentre near the Gibside estate.
Liz is a sole trader and is not affiliated with other cake businesses that have a similar name in the local area. Class Cakes has been registered with Gateshead Council since 2009 accept no imitations!
Liz has been decorating cakes for over 36 years and has experience in many different styles of cake design.
You can order your cake by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact Liz via my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/classcakesenguk
A 50% deposit is required to secure your order payable by BACS transfer or cheque – cash hand delivery only.
Delivery available depending on location for an extra charge.
Because I’m a home based business (smoke and pet free) and basically work part time I will get back to any queries as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!
Class Cakes has a Business Insurance certificate renewed yearly (especially relevant for corporate cakes and cake sales)
All cakes are made to order and created with the best quality ingredients.
My business is registered with Gateshead Council as I do charge for cakes and can be inspected for Hygiene purposes, however I’m more of a HOBBY BAKER as I don’t accept many cake orders. Basically please order early and pay the deposit to secure your cake order. Returning customers very welcome, just remind me when ordering. Thanks Liz.
Secure your booking early by paying the deposit.
For your Information
Fruit cakes are best ordered at least one month before required date . Single tier sponge cakes can be booked one week in advance although you may be disappointed if I am busy!
If you are collecting a cake it is best to put it on a flat surface like a car boot (not on a sloping seat!). For cakes of more than one tier make sure you have enough height to clear the top of the box- the weight of the cake will stop it moving around!
The information I hold is your name, address and email and telephone number should you have provided it to me. All information is kept securely and I am the only person that views this. I never share your data with any third parties.( Conversely this page is protected by law under the Malicious Communications Act)
Liz has been a registered Member of The Sugarcraft Guild for a number of years
- July 2019 – Marks 10 years in business and 36 years of experience in cakes!
- February 2018 -Successful completion of Food Safety Questionnaire by Gateshead Council
- March 2017 – Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- September 2014 – Classified as low risk by Gateshead Council
- February 2014 – Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- March 2012 – Gateshead Council classified Class Cakes as being EXCLUDED from the national ‘Food Hygiene Rating Scheme‘ due to handling relatively lower risk food.
- September 2011 – Hygiene inspection by Gateshead Council * Star Rating-Low risk
- July 2009 – Liz opens Class Cakes
- May 1987 – City and Guilds Teachers Certificate
- May 1983-1986– Hotel and Catering Research Centre
- July 1982– Bsc (Hons) Catering Science & Applied Nutrition
Thank you for viewing my page, if you have any questions or queries, please use one of the methods of contact listed above and I will be happy to help. Liz